The latest issue of our Commercial Vehicle Components and Gears Report, highlighting trends in M&A, financing, IPOs and capital markets for private and public companies in Industrials / Manufacturing sector, is now available.
Highlights from this report include:
- Favorable trends showing increased levels of U.S. automotive and truck production. Truck production continues to augment its share.
- President Trump has put NAFTA – a dominant driver of the commercial vehicle component industry – under the microscope.
- Significant year-over-year inventory build-up at leading vehicle OEMs. Slowing light vehicle sales could complicate OEM suppliers’ growth.
- The industry is benefiting from ongoing deleveraging among consumers, businesses and local governments. YTD trucking volume is lower because of larger than normal inventories and overall manufacturing weakness.
- US Dollar strength, low oil prices and economic pessimism have fueled wave of trucking mergers that has pressured truck component suppliers.
- Certain megatrends provide the backdrop for many of the key uncertainties facing business in general and the automotive industry in particular.
- Recent transaction trends highlight a decrease in deal multiples driven by a combination of declining deal activity and lower transaction values.